Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Mother of Amazing Boys



Just to let you know how schizophrenic I really am, today I love them so much. Boy they are such wonderful boys, I just pray they will love me the same one day. Davis was accepted into the IB program this week, he's planning his route to college at 8 and Parker had the lead in Lion King last night. One minute Parker can't ask "where the applesauce is in Kroger" the next night he's leading the entire Fifth grade in the "Circle of life", it's no wonder I'm a crack pot. How can you love children so much yet want to snap their heads off so quickly at the same time? I'm amazed at how different they all three are, and how lovingly unique God has made them, but it sure is hard to parent three different personalities. One minute I have to be sensitive with one, sarcastic with another, motivating with the third and pray any of it is helping. We are just trying to raise boys who love God, kind to others, help the world to be a better place, go to college so they have choices in life and all while Jt & I are barely healthy ourselves. I cannot imagine why more isn't required of us before we have children. Why did God make it so easy for some to conceive children without a huge need for a study guide before giving birth? All of this parenting makes me a crazy Cruela DaVille, Sybil on a bad day and Mother Teresa once in a very blue moon.
However, today I love them very much, but I am also delirious with sleep deprivation.
Until tomorrow. I continue to pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment