Thursday, March 12, 2009

Going Green?


Today was a grand day for the Free Market. I went to 8 hotels and asked for their old sheets towels and linens....and I hit the jackpot! My friends are going to be so happy! I was able to get "gleans" from a great hotel Wyndham Hotel & Hampton Inn gave me sheets, towels, pillows blankets, phones, bathroom accessories...beautiful plush robes...wash clothes so wonderful!
Just when you think no one cares..you meet a soul like "Amy" & "Freddie" who do!
My heart was soaring...I'll go tomm and hit two more hotels they gave me the "in" on...hotels that they say are going green. Green How? They recycle cardboard but turnover their decorations when a new hotel moves in next door, typically they give or throw away items that are not of perfect quality...who's perfect? What's wrong with this country that we can't just be satisfied with good customer service...we have to have new sheets and a more up to date comforter because the neighbor's house is shinier...if that is such a word.
Freddie said he has one "beef" with folks saying they'll come pick up items then they never do what they say they will do!
I assured Freddie I feel the same way. Jesus tells us...Let your Yes be a Yes...and your No be a NO!
Amen to that, I'm sick of "we'll see." I love a committed person, either yes or no...at least I honestly know where you stand.
I am grateful for the new wares. I can't wait to see my friends faces when they get new pillows...never been used except for "show".

No comments:

Post a Comment