Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Mimi & Deshay




I spent the day with Zeldena(46)& Marie(72), Mimi(4), & darlin'Deshay(2) on 2/23. Zeldena & Marie wanted to come to my house to clean, they come every week and help with the Free Market, of course they take enough wares to furnish ten homes. Something about poverty increases hoarding, I have yet to understand it, but that is a later day.
I invited them to my home, which means I must go pick them up...so I did, and there they are, waiting for my arrival, it's good to do what you say you are going to do, b/c there are people who do what they say they are going to do. Amazing. I had already invited Z&M to my house when Denise(Free Market) needed to go back to Social Services b/c she was honest with Social Services and admitted she didn't really have her fourth child she had been collecting Food stamps for for 6 years, she gave her away when she was 6 months old, before you gasp, it is a common practice to hope someone will care for your child while you get on your feet, next thing you know, 6 years have passed and your baby is now calling someone else "Mom". Denise came clean, we call it honest, and her reward was "Fraud". Which could land her in jail, have her three children who live with her put in foster care. I picked them up, just in case. FYI, for each child you get a certain dollar amount for food, in food stamps, the more children, the more money. Denise's 4th child added more cash, however she's been long gone and is being loving cared for in the Chesterfield co, Denise is jealous she states, her baby calls this other lady "Mom". Denise went, and has to go back, b/c I was not there, I'm uncertain of the whole truth. Another thing I have discoverd, is that when you are down and out, you have more "secrets", you are uncertain of who to trust, who to tell the whole truth to...so you say less. Unlike me, who will tell you everything I know, I have nothing to hide, secrets make you leary of others.
I'll let you know how Friday goes...Meanwhile our day together.
Zeldena & Marie and I decided to do Denise's laundry, she didn't want me to have it, but I took it and we all worked togehter. Zeldena taught me how to fry chicken, Marie made homemade mashed potatoes(I never do that), we cut up fresh fruit for the babies...which they loved! We had a wonderful day, I gave the girls baths, Deshay's first ever, they have no hot water at their house, they sponge bathe. Denise's situation is unique, federal housing is actually quite nice, I have been in three different complexes, she is living in a all but condemned home. Zeldena told me she'd help me get her out, or at least headed that way. Remember, Denise has secrets.
We watched soaps together, it reminded me of when I was growing up with my mother, I'd have to fold clothes with her and watch soaps, eat chocolate and pepsi. It felt nostalgic. We laughed, we talked, we didn't clean, I wouldn't let them. I learned alot about the way I spend my time..especailly while currently doing 40 days of love, Jesus sat with people when the situation came up. I want to sit more..I'm going to try. Mimi didn't want to go home, Zeldena said it was becuase she knows she loved. "Chilren' know, they knows whos good to them." Denise is a wonderful mother, fabulous, she has filled her emptiness with children, we all do something loke that at times in our life...food, men, exercise, work, for her it was children, they love her dearly. Know I pray for God to fill those empty spots, in her and and in me.
I got the children together, we all piled into the car and off we went! Denise was so happy to see her children, she's never been home alone without them. Something we all crave...just take the babies and let me be here alone. It was a beautiful day, I have a lot to learn.
Love to you, Cassie

5 comments:

  1. This makes me sad about no bath. I think how much my 4 yr old loves to play in the tub. She "swims." The barbie's swim. Funny hair do's with the shampoo. I'm so glad you could minister to them this way. More than washing their feet - you washed the whole child! Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The baby cried..never in the tub.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this story, it makes me want to do good things in the world. valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read your story again because it reminds me how wonderful you are and how lucky I am. I would like to do something for those little girls. valerie

    ReplyDelete