Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Give Me a Chance


Paul is my friend. He lives at a group home on Chamberlayne Ave. We've been friends for a long time, but I have a "relationship" with Paul now. I know where his mom lives, I know about his family, I know he loves animals, I know he likes gum. I have Paul over often to watch movies, today he's watching "Turner & Hooch". He's not much trouble, at least he tells me he won't be. He never is...he loves his coffee.
Today we turned a new corner, I took him for a job interview. Very informal, but it was a beautiful moment. "I hope I get the job..." he states. He's my age, 45 (I'm 46) he has a few issues but don't we all. I pray God grants him this job...I can't wait to see what he does if in fact he gets it. He's pacing right now, he says "I'm just nervous...thinking about that job."
Pray for Paul...and folks like him. I wonder what God has in store for Paul..and for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment